Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Something RAW


Last night I was in bed very early. Like, reading a good book in bed at 1900. 

However, despite my best efforts, I was not asleep until approximately 2300. I blame the midnight sun. 

The sun sets at 2330. And rises at 0343.
Seriously.


0530. Who turned the lights on?!

Being the light sleeper that I am, the sun awoke me at an unholy early hour. Oh well. Might as well make the most of the opportunity!




I enjoyed a cup of green tea, took my vitamins, and read a magazine at my leisure. It was nice to slowly enjoy my morning, rather than hectically trying to get breakfast made, get dressed, and pack lunch. 



Making breakfast!

Breakfast was a green smoothie: One naval orange, strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, spinach, spirulina, coconut oil, coconut water, Vega 'tropical tango' protein powder. 
Delicious, green, nutritious!

I packed it up in my Vega smoothie bottle and off to work I went - and packed along my cute pink lunch bag!




Snacks were kiwis (which I have in surplus due to a friend recently visiting Costo and buying in bulk) and kale chips. I seemed to be more generous with the cayenne on this batch - very spicy. 



Back home for lunch, my usual caribou broth with miso. I also had a vanilla cookie dough ball for dessert! I will post this recipe soon - it's a fantastic, vegan, gluten-free dessert that resides in the freezer. Perfect for warm summer snacking!




A busy afternoon, then I met with Sarah and we went to the Farmers Market again this week. My good friend Lorie has a fantastic booth called Zing!, which is raw, vegan, and gluten-free ... a rarity in this small, Northern town. However, I knew it would be delicious as she's a fantastic cook. I ordered the raw pad thai and a brownie. 
They were so, so, SO delicious.




I don't know how she does it, but it was completely satisfying and tasted incredible. The brownie hit the spot for my sweet tooth.


Later on in the evening, I went out to play squash with another friend. Needless to say ... I may have kicked some butt around the court!




After an intense workout, it's time for a little relaxation, then bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment